Please help us save the North Loop! This requires your IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
Friends of Durango Nordic,
We need your help TODAY to support the future of our trails at the Nordic Center. This request should take no more than 5 minutes of your time. Please take a moment to help us out.
The Nordic Center is under significant development pressure. Our first challenge is to provide critical input to San Juan County to prevent loss of the North Loop to a proposed 190 unit high density Motorcoach development. GThis is the highest density development proposed on our btrails and the current developer has not been open to keeping the North Loop as part of the development. We ask that you send your concern via email to the County Planner TODAY, address and instructions provided below. We have a DNSC group headed to the Silverton meeting tonight.
There is a public meeting TONIGHT, March 21 at 7:00 PM with the San Juan County Planning Commission at Silverton’s County Courthouse (first floor, front stairs immediately to the left in Commissioner Room). This is not the official approval that requires a Public Notice and a Public Hearing. County Commissioners are meeting to review and approve Planning Commission recommendation for the Motorcoach Resort April 12th at 8:30 AM. The April 12th meeting will be the official Public Hearing to approve what is forwarded by the Planning Commission from tonights public meeting.
Here is what we ask:
1) Email Mr. Mark Reavis, County Planner at email@example.com. Please copy firstname.lastname@example.org so that we also have a record of emails sent.
2) Indicate that you support Durango Nordic Ski Club’s letter to the Planning Department and County Commissioners which requests the ability to maintain in perpetuity the essential function of the North Loop at the Nordic Center at Purgatory as part of their review and approval of the proposed Motorcoach development.
3) Please share this email with your friends that care about the Nordic Center and continued access to diverse recreational activities in our backyard. Please include friends who live in either La Plata or San Juan Counties in your outreach!
4) If you have time, come to the public meetings, tonight or on the April 12th.
5) We have information including our letter to San Juan County posted on www.durangonordic.org and on our facebook page. Please share!
You voice is critically important.
Durango Nordic Ski Club